Monday, November 15, 2010

Singing in the Rain

I had been doing good since I had had my little "episode" on Saturday but once school came around... it was all downhill from there... I absolutely adore France but there is something about the school that is so out of my element everything from the people, the teachers, the work, the system in general, the French... It stresses me out and I just get really uncomfortable... It has some good moments but most of the time I feel like I am just lagging through the day just trying to get by! A lot of times I wish I could just go home but at night I feel a lot better... It's the days that are hard to get through! I just try to think of the family and friends who love me no matter what and will always be there for me. I don't need to be accepted because I already have all the people I need :) I love France but it isn't my home home! Well it's my temporary home but I know that at the end of this I'm going home to where I truly belong...

Okay now that that tangent is over... I was just having a rotten day at school worse than usual. I barely talked and I was just drifting off! I had made it through most of the day but once it came down to go to science class at the end of the day, I just couldn't do it. I just told Amel I was sick and she said she would tell the teacher.

But instead of going home, I found myself walking to Cannes. I was just listening to my iPod trying to figure everything out, and I may have cried just a tad... It started raining... It had been drizzling all day but it got more and more intense. Because of the rain and the terrible day that had just occurred, I thought some ice cream was in order :-) I always like ice cream when it's raining. So I walked int Haagen Daaz and got my usual caramel thingamajiggy! Seriously right when I started eating it my day just got so much better. It was pouring rain but there I was eating ice cream! You should have seen the looks I got!
Photobucket

 I was listening to music too :)
Photobucket

I started walking towards the beach on the little boardwalk there... And then it started raining some more! It doesn't look like it so much but you can't really take a picture of the rain... Seriously though everytime I tried to take a pic my phone got completely soaked
Photobucket

 I jumped in some puddles because... well... there is just a point where you can't get much wetter so what's the point in trying to stop it! I hadn't had this much fun in so long! I felt like such a little kid but after all the hard times I was having it was so worth it :)
Photobucket

By the end I looked absolutely fabulous...On the bus going home..
Photobucket

By the time I had gotten back, I had dried a little but not much so I went and boiled myself in the bathtub :)
Photobucket

It was a crazy day but I had never felt so happy and carefree in such a long time. Overall I am not a very spontaneous person but I do have my moments. That was a day I will never want to forget :) I even kept the Haagen Daaz spoon to remind me of it!

3 comments:

  1. Lyssa I think you should just go to online school! Then you wouldn't have to deal with all the stupid French school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa....love all the pictures and your cute little comments. This will be such a fun memory. Looking forward to the update soon :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyss Bliss I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH! Reading this mad me smile- Remember when u sat on ur mailbox& sang "I'm sitting on my mail box, Just sitting on my mail box" and Ben went by.. Good times, good times. Stay strong in skol girl- not too long then ur done. (CRazy how the years gooo by soooo flippin fast.) <3
    Luv Bunchesss!!

    ReplyDelete