Friday, September 24, 2010

"The American"

On Thursday, the swimming coach wasn't there so for the second week in a row so I didn't have swimming. Haha I'm pretty lucky becase I hadn't done my math homework so I used that time to work on it with the help of some really nice people I met from my class. Once one person started talking to me then their friend would talk to me and then their friend and so on... Haha so this kinda started the domino effect. They all said they were scared to talk to me because they thought their English was terrible. Haha I think their English is better than my French. They will speak to me in English and I have to speak French and we correct each other as needed. It actually has been rather helpful.

 At the beginning of school, I thought everyone thought that I was weird because nobody would really talk to me. I now know that's bcause they were all scared. I thought I stuck out like a sore thumb! I would just miss being able to blend in but now I'm just kinda the center of attention. I'm just "The American" which I'm okay with cuz it's true! Haha but now they are so excited for me to be there! Everybody wants to talk to me and be my friend. It's kinda fun! They are all so nice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment