Friday, September 24, 2010

A Belgian Dinner

I finished school on Friday at 6! I was thorougly exhausted and by the time I got home it was 7:30! That night we went to dinner down the street at their friends' place. They are Belgian! Haha Belgians are kinda the dumb blondes of Europe but they seemed normal to me! Amel said it was just an act :-)

Leone is really nice! She's 14 but she acts much older. She is very energetic and she like to speak English with me while I speak French. During dinner, she was trying to explain this holiday that's on her birthday. It was very comical with her lack of English vocabulary. This is about the jist of it- "You know Jesus is dead. And when he goes to the sky, that's my birthday." I couldn't stop laughing! I would act all surprised!!! "What do you mean Jesus is dead???" Haha and she kept saying "Let me start over!" and she would always start the same way! "Jesus is dead"! Haha and it got funnier and funnier!

Let me tell you about the length of this dinner! We got there at around 8:30! We just chilled for an hour maybe an hour and a half and then ate dinner and that took a while so I was already tired to begin with but by then I was dead exhausted. I fell asleep on Leone's bed and got woken up to leave at 2:30!!!!! Yes 2:30 AM!!!! CRAZY!! I know French dinners are late but I thought this was a tad excessive! Plus it was freezing! I wasn't expecting to be out in the early morning hours so I was of course not properly dressed! By the time I got home, I got in warm clothes and went straight to bed! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment