Thursday, October 14, 2010

[Math]

In math class, I am starting to understand what is going on because math really does just involve a basic knowledge of language and then the rest is just numbers. What they are learning is ridiculously easy and most people get confused. I don't understand what is said most of the time and I get it! Whoa!!!

The teacher is really nice and helpful. He will try to explain it to me in English which is hilarious! If a number is too big, he'll just be like "Uhh... well... that" and if he doesn't know a word in Englis he'll just say the French word and hope I know it. It is really nice of him to at least try to help me understand. That's a step above most of my other teachers. Most of the time, I just ask Amel for help. She is funny! I'll understand the problem but just to listen to the teaher's ramblings and attempt to speak English she'll say I need help.

So I had my first math test! It wasn't too extremely difficult but again the translation is the killer! The teacher tried to explain most of it but he really doesn't help. I usually have to ask Amel but during a test that wasn't possible. It is hard to comprehend what they are asking but the actual math is easy. I didn't have time to finish but everything was okay-ish.

I got my test back! And it was a 12.5 out of 20! Mostly it was because I didn't finish and the teacher doesn't really like how I do my work even though I would get the same answers. I just do it differently in the USA! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment