Thursday, October 7, 2010

~S~W~I~M~

Thursday morning I had EPS (= PE) for the first time (1-no bus, 2-no teacher, 3-no me). We took a bus to the swimming pool which is about 15 minutes away. You had to take a shower before getting it which made it a very long and cold walk to the pool. We had to wear swim caps which look absolutely fabulous! There were signs hanging up that said swim trunks aren't aloud in the pool... like ever!!! Speedos and tight spandex for the boys I guess! Haha

You see... I've done swim team a few times but it has been a few years since I've done it. I'm more of a runner/soccer player but I still like it. I thought I would be having a hard time but it was a piece of cake! Most of the time it was just 50M (there and back) of easy strokes. My goggles weren't the best. Water kept leaking in but that didn't keep me froming doing my best. By the first 20 minutes, a lot of people had given up... most of them being boys. Haha I felt so sporty. In America, I am by no means the greatest athlete but here I felt pretty dang awesome!

On the bus back, I was trying to study for an English test I was about to have. Unfortunately, that made me incredibly sick and I wanted to throw up. I ended up feeling a better later on. The test was rather easy. Translate French to English sentences and we already had most of them in advance. I think I rocked it! The only problem I ever have with English class is when French is too heavily involved. But I can not wait until I can speak fluent French and then English class will be a total breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment