Friday, October 22, 2010

A Much Needed Break!

So besides all the crazy striking this week had a few good highlights! Just a little hoorah for me! On Monday in my English Reinforced class, my teacher asked me what a word was in French... not because she didn't know. She just wanted to prove that I don't know any French even though I'm in France and I'm just a stupid American. So she goes "Alyssa what's the French word for a gap?" I insantly froze trying to recall my very minimal French vocabulary that my brain is being stuffed with so that it is near impossible to keep track of it all. Fortunately, I knew exactly what the word is! I answer with a smirk and very evident prideful tone in my voice. "Fossé"! Her reaction was pretty funny... Just kinda floored that I actually knew more than she thought I did! Definetly one of my proudest moments!

Tuesday night I couldn't sleep... don't know why... So after trying for a few hours, I just got on my computer just to go on FB or check my email and I ended up Skyping Elena and Lindsay! I hadn't talked to them in a while and they are my sisters so it was so fun! I'm so grateful for being able to keep in contact with my family through e-mail, Skype, Facebook, and even handwritten letters. It makes me feel a lot more connected to them and not completely out of the loop. We do have a lot of laughs. I miss them like no other but times like that ease the pain :-)

Speaking of pain... Look at what I did to my leg!!!


I have no idea what I did... And it doesn't look so bad but it looked a lot worse in person and it hurt a lot too. It felt like my bone was bruised too... I've had issues with stress fractures, shin splints, etc... So I always get worried when something like his happens to my leg! But I was a man about it and sucked it up :) My brothers would be proud of me!


I've talked about Amel a lot but I don't have any pictures so I have been trying for weeks to get pictures of her but she refuses. I finally got her to consent for a prior planned day so she can get all ready and mentally prepare herself :) Haha so be expecting that! She would never look at me but her are some of the shots I took... I warned her "You don't look then these are gonna be the ones going up!"





This one was pretty funny because we had gotten hot chocolate but she got those clumps of chocolate at the bottom that you always get. She wanted to stir and the best thing she could come up with was her pen! Haha but it wasn't the best idea because it got hot chocolate all up in her pen. So this is her cleaning her chocolatey pen...


On Friday, I got letters from some of my most favorite people in the wold- Mom and Lane. My mom had typed up a nice long letter & covered it with Disney stickers due to the fact she had just gotten back form Disneyland... Im still bitter about that :-)


She even used my full name on the envelope!



 Lane had handwritten. I was really brought to tears. I love them so much and it's nice to know they still care about me. Haha I know they always will! My mom is so funny- ""I told you all to stop growing up and this you did not do-disobedient children!!!"

I spent most of Friday day writing letters to Elena and Lindsay. They were so long...


This is just Elena's letter so I wrote this times 2! I wrote on the backs too! The envelopes were rather thick! 



So Friday was a pretty beautiful day so I decided to snap a few pictures... This is Coco. Coco is a dog. I don't like dogs a lot. Coco is okay though.


My friend, Karen, requested that I get more pics of the pool this is for her.


It really was a pretty day in Mougins.


 



These next ones are from a little while ago but I never put them up... On the way back from work one day, Pascaline stopped at this little place and you could see the little valley of Mougins.


This is the more foresty part. All the rain does the earth some good :)




It is so much more greener than AZ! 



Anyways back on topic... My only thought this week: "Vacation. Vacation next week. Almost there. Vacation." After a rather bizarre and abnormal week of striking at school, I am so ready for break! This whole experience can be really overwhelming and just all-around exhausting but now I get a little break from it all to go on a fantastic vacation! And where am I going on this little voyage? Very good question... Answer: PARIS!!! Oh yeah the City of Lights!All these places I've only seen pictures of or heard about! I actually get to go! I'm thoroughly overjoyed! :-) It's kinda my revenge on my family for going to San Diego and Disneyland without me. Paris is a million times better anyways! I will take lots of pictures and blog about all my adventures there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment