Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Month 2 Update

Now I have a grand total of 2 months! I really do feel like family :-) And I feel so happy here! I just have moments where I am just like "I love it here!" especially on vacation in Paris! It's hard no doubt as anyone would imagine but I think it's all so worth it! I have met and became close with so many great people who I am so happy to have in my life! :-)

French... I am getting more used to utilizing French in conversation. It's very rough and so I do sometimes hang on to my English which isn't a very good habit but that's why the week of no English is good for me! I do have milestones where I'm just like "No way I could have done that a month ago!" My knowledge of French is expanding enormously! My head feels like it's about to explode sometimes and there are some days I just don't want to hear another word of French... But I'll watch a movie in English or talk with the Ashtons and I feel a lot better.

The genders is what has been killing me lately! What I am used to as "the..." is masculine-le, feminine-la, begins with a vowel or h- l', or plural-les. I know it's a common thing for Americans but it can't help but drive me crazy. It helps having constant repetition of certain words everyday because then it is what sounds right and not like in school where it is just memorization...

No comments:

Post a Comment